Custom entities introduced
With Custom Entities, content managers can create form-like conversations that will be triggered based on one or more articles. That will allow content managers to gather information about the user and either save it for later use or send this data to an external source using an API-based entity.
In Custom Entities, you can create many different types of bot queries that will be automatically detected by NLP algorithms.
For example, to get the age of a user, you can create a new field in a Custom Entity called “age”. Then, set the type to be “number”. Finally, the content administrator can set a bot query and an error message, which will be triggered if the end user does not provide a valid number.
To create a custom entity,
- Go to the Knowledge > Entities page and create a new entity.
- Select Custom Entity for Entity Type.
- Name your entity and add the necessary properties.
- Save your entity.
You have the following experience in the Article Editor:
Import touchpoint configurations
You can now easily copy the configuration settings of a touchpoint from another touchpoint. This allows you to test a touchpoint and then seamlessly migrate it to a widget in a live environment. To do so,
- In the Bold360 Console, go to Touchpoints > Widgets.
- Click Personalize under the widget type that you want to update.
- Select a knowledge base or URL to update.
- Click Import Settings above the touchpoint settings.
- Select the knowledge base or URL of which settings you want to copy.
- Click Import.
New advanced access control for voices
Until now, to view and manage voices, a Bold360 user needed Read permission for Analytics and Write permission for Publishing Center. From now on, to view and manage voices in Search Optimizer 2.0, Bold360 users can have three levels of permissions for the new Advanced Credentials, called Voices:
- None: The user can access Search Optimizer 2.0 and can open items assigned to the user. This is the default permission for Agents.
- View: The user can also assign voices and mute/unmute voices. This is the default permission for Account Watchers.
- Modify: The user can also delete voices. This is the default permission for Knowledge-Base Managers and Account Managers.
This improvement affects existing users as follows:
- Users with Read permission for Analytics will also have Read permission for Voices
- Users with Modify permission for Publishing Center will also have Modify permission for Voices
- All other users will have the permission level for Voices that corresponds to their user role:
- Agents – no permission
- Account Watchers – Read permission
- Account Managers – Modify permission
- Knowledge Base Managers – Modify permission
To see the permission settings of a user, select a user on the Admin Center > Users page of the Console and then click Advanced Credentials.
Welcome mode for customers on mobile devices
From now on, the web widget is displayed for customers using mobile web browsers, who are presented with a welcome message. Once they start typing into the chat field, the full-width web widget replaces the mobile widget, similarly to using the widget on a desktop computer.
To configure a welcome message,
- In the Bold360 Console, go to Touchpoints > Widgets.
- Click Personalize under the widget type that you want to change.
- Select a knowledge base or URL to customize.
- On the Position & Size tab, select Invite for Welcome Mode.
- Save your changes.
Customers have the following experience in the widget:
Auto-complete for context displays context labels
Context has been recently enhanced so it can leverage Entities’ capabilities, such as mapping context value examples in phrases. With this release, when auto-complete is enabled, context is configured to be fetched from the user's search. Context values are mapped to entities and context category names will be displayed instead of context IDs.
Editable system entities at article level
You can now edit system-defined entities, such as numbers, dates, and locations at article level. By doing so, you can edit the question of the bot. Other articles that have system-defined entities will not be affected.
For example, in a conversation you may want to ask about the customer’s age. This entity is defined as number and the default question is “ What is the amount?”. With the new capability, in the specific intent you, are able to override the default question and ask the user “What is your age?”.
Preview for conversational articles in the Article Editor
The preview widget in the Article Editor displays a conversational article only if there are no unsaved changes to the article. Otherwise, you see a message to save your changes.
Support for Swedish and Brazilian Portuguese in conversational widgets
You can now create a Knowledge Base to support your Swedish and Portuguese (Brazil) customers in conversational widgets.
Customer typing indication in the iOS Harmony SDK
There is now an indication when the customer is typing in the widget.
Checking department availability in the iOS Harmony SDK
You can now display the chat button when the selected department has an available agent.
Important: The following features are available for Beta customers only. Contact your Success Manager to try these features.
Improvements in Search Optimizer 2.0
- You can now see the context variables of articles in Search Optimizer 2.0 when searching for potential answers to user voices.
- The Owner column displays the initials of the person responsible for a specific voice.
- The content of Search Optimizer 2.0 is displayed properly when the language of the Console is set to a right-to-left language, such as Hebrew.
- The Sentiment column has been renamed to Reaction.
See the new features that the previous release introduced: