New look and feel for Conversational widgets
To provide smoother experience for your customers using the bot and a live agent in Conversational mode, you can now choose the Harmony widget skin. The Harmony skin offers the following benefits:
- Smooth animations on selecting quick options and persistent options
- Simplified look: customer icon has been removed
- Clear visual separation between bot and live agent
- Animated transition when is chat is transferred from the bot to a live agent
- Pre-chat form is now inline
- Added agent typing indicator animation
- The End Chat button is now an icon
- Removed the Email transcript to me button
Important: You must have the Enable Harmony Skin widget feature enabled on your account. Contact your Customer Success manager to use this feature.
To select the new widget design, do the following:
- In the Bold360 ai Console, go to Touchpoints > Widgets.
- Click Personalize under the widget type that you want to modify.
- Select a knowledge base or URL to customize.
- On the Basics tab, select Harmony from the Skin drop-down list.
Contact your Customer Success manager if this option is not available.
- Save your changes.
Check out our sample video on the new Harmony skin.
Increased security for Slim and Harmony widgets
To increase the level of security, Bold360 ai introduced Cross-origin resource sharing (CORS) policies to the APIs. This enhancement enables you to restrict your widgets and Support Centers to a single URL domain or a list of domains. If a malicious intruder copies your HTML snippet code and adds it to any other site, the widget or Support Center on that site will not work.
Until now, you could define the URL of a secure Support Center in the Main Site URL field on the Touchpoints > Support Center > Settings page.
From now on, to set up a secure Support Center, do the following:
- On the Touchpoints > Support Center > Settings page, copy your Support Center URL from the Main Site URL field.
- Go to the Admin Center > Preferences page.
- In the Allowed Origins field, paste your Support Center URL that you have copied from the Main Site URL field.
- Add your main customer website URL to the list.
- Save your changes.
Co-browse support for the Conversational widget and the HTML chat widget SDK
A live Bold360 agent can initiate a co-browse session to see and interact with the page a customer is viewing and to help them solve their problems. The customer must actively accept the invitation to a co-browse session.
Note: Co-browse requires Bold360 Agent to be integrated with Bold360ai. For more information on the integration, see How to integrate Bold360 with Bold360 ai?
For more information on co-browse, see the Bold360 online help.
Remote control support for the Conversational widget and the HTML chat widget SDK
A live Bold360 agent can remote control the customer’s computer to help them solve their problems. The customer must actively accept the invitation to a remote control session.
Note: Remote control requires Bold360 Agent to be integrated with Bold360ai. For more information on the integration, see How to integrate Bold360 with Bold360 ai?
For more information on remote control, see the Bold360 online help.
Android SDK supports welcome messages
In the Android SDK, you can now set up a welcome message for your customers. For more information, see the Bold360 and BoldChat Developer Center.
See the new features that the previous release introduced: