Important: This feature is in Beta now. Please contact your Customer Success Manager to enable this feature if you want to use it.
Bold360 ai offers automatic language translation in conversational mode. It enables your bot to answer your international visitors in any language while end user requests are served from one knowledge base in one language. This feature helps the multilingual support of knowledge bases that frequently change without the need of having to provide the translations as well. The translation engine supports more than 40 languages. The quality of Bold360 ai's automatic translation is almost as high as if you used a dedicated knowledge base per language.
Customers can switch between viewing the original bot or agent message, and the translated version of the message provided by Geofluent. By using the toggle displayed above the input filed at the bottom of the widget, customers can check the original message in case of unclear translations. Currently, this toggle is always switched on.
Important: This feature requires a GeoFluent™ subscription that you can acquire by contacting Lionbridge. Lionbridge will provide you with the account key and secret you need to start using auto-translation.
Features and Benefits
- Language selector in the beginning of the conversation.
- Answer content, FAQs, and widget interface are automatically translated.
- Language selection is saved if the bot conversation is transferred to a live agent.
- Customers can easily switch between original and translated message.
Which languages are supported?
GeoFluent supports the following languages in the chat window:
* You need to translate the branding of the chat windows.
How to set up auto-translation with Geofluent?
To set up auto-translation, contact your Success Manager with the following information at hand:
- Geofluent Host
- Geofluent Account Key
- Geofluent Account Secret
How to enable auto-translation?
Once your Geofluent account is set up in your Bold360 ai account, all your conversational widgets can provide live translations. To enable it, you must set up a language selector as follows:
- In the Bold360 ai Console, go to Knowledge > Add Article.
- Create a welcome message as an article, which includes the language selector.
- Add a <language_selector /> tag to the article.
This tag will be replaced by the languages drop-down list.
- Optionally, add a "languages" attribute to the <language_selector> to define the supported customer languages: By default, all languages are listed in the language drop-down list that are supported by your Geofluent account. The list of languages must be a comma separated list oftwo-character language codes.
- Once you create this message, go to Touchpoints > Widgets and select the widget where you want to use the language selector.
- In the Auto Question field, select the newly created message.
- Save your changes and you are good to go.
How to use auto-translation with a Bold360 integration?
At the beginning of a chat session, customers can select their language in the Bold360 ai widget. When the chat is channeled to a human Bold360 agent, Bold360 receives the selected language value from Bold360 ai and automatically offers the relevant Geofluent translations.
Auto-translation in Bold360 takes the following parameters into account:
- Customer language: Determined by the customer’s chat window's language setting or the language the customer selected on the pre-chat form. You can define chat window language defaults in the chat window configuration.
- Agent languages: The languages the agent speaks, prioritized by fluency level. Configured in the agent settings.
- Language pairs: The translation pair is supported by your GeoFluent subscription.
If the agent and the customer share a common language, then there is no need for translation and it is switched off by default. Otherwise, if none of the agent languages match the customer language and the language pair is available, messages are translated automatically.
Reports for auto-translations provided by Geofluent
When auto translations for conversational mode is enabled for an account, you can run reports on three new fields in the Automatic translation section of the Admin Center > Reports page:
- Auto-translated – true if the query sent to the bot was auto-translated by Geofluent
- Query language – the language code of the original end-user query before auto translation. It is “empty” if live translation did not happen for the query
- Original message – The original end user query before auto translation. The number of unread agent messages can be displayed on the conversational widget in Normal with minimized option mode.
You can group reports by the Auto-translated and Query language options.
Note: Reporting does not work for auto-translations provided by Google Translate in search mode.
Currently, Geofluent-based auto-translation is in Beta mode as it does not offer analytics reports.